Laminate Flooring Care
Laminate flooring was made for modern families. It requires virtually no maintenance and cleaning up spills couldn't be easier. Caring for laminate flooring is much less time consuming and labor intensive compared to other flooring types because of the material you are working with. Cleaning is usually a breeze and generally does not require the expensive cleaning products to get the job done.
Here are a few points to keep in mind in order to ensure that your laminate floor stays in top condition for years to come:
- For major cleaning jobs, mop with ammonia or a mixture of vinegar and water.
- Don't use conventional soap-based cleaners. If possible, look for citrus-based cleaners.
- Never use scouring powder, steel wool or wax strippers on a laminate floor.
- Never wax, sand or apply lacquer to a laminate floor surface.
- If you're unsure of using any product on your laminate floor, test it in an inconspicuous area first - such as underneath your stove or fridge.